Wednesday, February 23, 2011

What Is Kates Name From Katesplayground

make September





Similar this gentleman Mrs. K. is with their clothes all the rage, however, without intention to have. When I explain that I am fascinated by the original wearers of vintage clothing, or the fact that the generations to meet virtually on the road with the still vohandenen or Second hand clothes bought, she nods in agreement. She herself has inherited the mantle of her mother, and loves him very much. Mrs. K. is 75 and I ask her what she used to work ". ... Or what I'm still working" complements it and raises his eyebrows a little higher. "I used to work at a school, including as a teacher. Today I am an artist." Mrs. K. makes graphic works, mainly in black and white "prints and drawings, colors I use very little." She is currently preparing an exhibition on the 11th added September on. "The destruction, the violence that concerns me very much."
Photographer Joel Meyerowitz has documented the demolition and construction work at Ground Zero . His book "Aftermath" is published by Phaidon, and Ms. K. is an important work in their discussion of the topic. When I asked whether there is an artist who inspired her, she gives a short laugh and says: "I inspire myself I am so old, it should be possible."
Similar to this one Mrs. K is dressed quite trendy, without interest ding it, certainly. When I approach her I explain that the "originally dressed" people keep fascinating me, and respectively the circumstance, that the generations meet on the street with their breastfeeding existing or yet vintage-shopped clothes she nods acknowledging. She herself inherited the coat from her mother. Mrs. K. is 75 years old, and when I ask her what she used to work, she adds: "...or what do I work now?" lightly perking her eyebrows up. "I was working as a teacher at school, and now I do artwork." Mrs. K. creates graphic arts, mainly in black and white: "Prints and drawings, barely usinc colours." Currently she's preparing an exibition on the subject of 9/11. "This enormously devastation, this violence keeps my mind busy."
The photographer Joel Meyerowitz has documented the demoltion and construction work at ground zero. His book "Aftermath" , published by Phaidon, is an important item to Mrs. K concerning, her involvement in this topic. On my question Which artist perhaps inspires her she laughs, saying: ". Well, I inspire myself I'm so old by now, so that should be possible."

0 comments:

Post a Comment